MakeupBliss

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oil Control: A Little Guide For Us Oily Skin Girls

::Hello Lovelies! I thought that I would share with all of you, the products that I use to control my oily skin before I apply my foundation. Let me start off by saying, I have a very oily T-zone and at times I hate it! I feel like you can fry chicken on my face or even see your reflection when you look at me and I can't stand it....YUCK! Even though I despise having oily skin, it does have a plus side to it. People who tend to have oily skin, don't wrinkle as fast as a person with dry skin, so the oil keeps the skin looking more supple and younger....hmmmm I'm 28 now, so when I'm 38 will I still look 28? I hope so! =o) Anyways, Here are the products that I use to prevent my oil slick.

The Products include: Monistat Relief Powder Gel, MAC Oil Control Lotion, MAC Mattifying Cream, & MAC Blot Powder (Dark)


::I use all of these products when applying foundation because I like a really matte finish, but you can use up to as many as you would like because they all control oil in some sort of way. I'm going to review these products in the order that I use them before I put on my makeup.

1. MAC Oil Control Lotion: This moisturizer has a fresh clean scent to it, and it gives enough moisture to leave your skin feeling soft, but not oily. This product feels a little wet and kind of sticky after I apply it , so I like to wait at a few minutes and let this dry before I proceed with my next step.
Price: $28.00
Pros: It has a pleasant scent, and it gives your skin enough moisture to make it soft without leaving it greasy.
Cons: It can leave your face feeling a little wet and sticky and I don't think it's worth $28.00.
2. Monistat Relief Powder Gel: This is the newest product that I added to my oil control collection. I only used this a few times and so far I really like it! It allows your foundation to go on really smooth because creates a barrier between your face and the makeup. It comes out as a gel, but it dries to a silky powdery finish and it helps to eliminate oil.
Price: $6.00-8.00 (depending on where you purchase it from)
Pros: It allows your foundation to go on very smooth and it's a cheap alternative if you don't want to pay a lot for a high end primer.
Cons: It may clog pores because it is a silicone based gel.
3. MAC Mattifying Cream: The consistency of this product isn't a cream at all, its a gel that goes on very sheer and dries to a powdery finish. This cream (gel) is perfect for those who only get oily in there t-zone or someone with combination skin. Only a few drops is needed to control your oily areas.
Price: $17.50
Pros: This product does well at giving you a matte look and it's great for someone that doesn't have extremely oily skin and for those who don't want to use a primer all over there face, because you use this only on your oily areas.
Cons: My face still gets a little shiny if I don't use a another oil control product with it.
4. MAC Blot Pressed Powder: I love this powder because it goes on sheer and it doesn't turn your foundation another color no matter how many times you apply it. Blot Powder is great for touch ups if you start to get that unwanted glow. It's best applied to your oily areas only and I apply it after I complete my entire makeup routine.
Price: $21.00
Pros: It's very sheer and it will not darken your foundation, even if you apply it multiple times.
Cons: It doesn't control oil on it's own, so another oil control product will be needed.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At December 30, 2008 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Yas said...

This is the post I've been waiting for! I hate my oily nose! I am going to try out some of those products so thank you so much!! And Happy New Year babe!

 
At December 30, 2008 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOney...I would have never guess ur 28?!?!?!?! You look goooood!!! I thought u were 22-24.

Anywho, I used/use all those products, but i had to return the MAC mattyfying gel. I'm too oily for it, so i can totally agree w/ur review on it.

I love Monistat!! It works for me and it comes w/a good price.

Happy New Year Gorgeous!!!

 
At December 30, 2008 at 10:23 AM , Blogger MakeupBliss said...

Okay, Katrina...I love you! LOL
Thank You for thinking that I was only between the ages of 22-24..I will be 29 in a about 4 months..arrgghh! I'm slowly but surely knocking of the doors of
my 30's.

 
At January 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM , Blogger JeNi said...

I hate my oily face too grr and ive tried all those things and it leaves my face feeling so oily well except for the last one lol! I just started using Estee Lauder Double wear I like it alot its makes my face matter

 
At January 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Satoya said...

I love love love that blot powder. I completely agree with you on that blot powder! I think i'm going to give everything else you suggested a try b/c I have oily skin.

 
At January 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the info cause I'm a SUPER OILY girl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home