MakeupBliss

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NYX Lipgloss Review

::I am a total gloss girl! I love how lip gloss makes your lips look sexy, juicy, kissable, and pretty, so I decided to do a review on my all time favorite lip gloss.....NYX. As you can see, I have 20 different shades, but there are a lot more that this brand carries. One thing that I like about this gloss, is that it has 2 textures. One texture is thicker and almost like a liquid lipstick and it is very pigmented and the other texture is thinner, very shiny, and it has subtle color and it can be worn as a top coat or alone and I love to layer my gloss so it's perfect for that. As far as stickiness, they aren't real sticky, but some of them are kind of thick, but the colors don't wear off fast like other glosses. I purchased these glosses at different beauty supply stores and they range from $1.50-$3.00 depending on where you go and one particular store that I go to has all of there NYX Cosmetics for 50% so I got a great deal on them, so if you don't want to break the bank on lipgloss, This gloss is the way to go.


From L to R: Gold Mauve, Gold Pink, African Queen, Burgandy, Sunrise, Juicy Red, Cady Shop (I think it's supposed to say Candy Shop, but it says Cady Shop instead), Salsa, Ice Princess, & La-La



From L to R: Hot Fudge, Iced Latte, Copper Penny, Tea Rose, Perfect, Vanilla, Frosted Beige, Natural, Sunshine (mine is a little darker than normal because I have used this as a top coat), & Taupe


::I tried to swatch the colors, but they weren't coming out very clear so I put on a few colors and they are arranged from a dark color to a light color.

NYX Lip gloss in "Burgandy"


NYX Lip gloss in "Salsa"

NYX Lip gloss in "Hot Fudge"
(It's almost a dupe of MAC Lipglass in Oh Baby)

NYX Lip gloss in "Perfect"


Pros: They come in a wide variety of shades and they aren't overly sticky or tacky. The price is womderful because they are so cheap.
Cons: They may not be easy for some of you to find them.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 12, 2008 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

brugundy is hot on u!! all of them colors look gooood...

 
At December 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Dwana said...

I'm a huge NYX fan. I have a few of their glosses. I really like the colors. They aren't as pigmented or have the same staying power as HIP but you have a huge selection. It's worth the reapply to me.

 
At December 13, 2008 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Yas said...

These make your lips look sooo hot. I have been waiting for reviews on these so I was thrilled to find your post. Thank you!

 
At December 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM , Blogger SuzieC said...

Great stash! I ihave African Queen and I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home