MakeupBliss

Friday, October 31, 2008

Cover Girl Queen Collection




Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation
::I didn't originally plan on reviewing this product, but after testing it out today, I just had too! Every few months or so, I like to change up my foundation because it seems like my skin tone gets lighter or darker and the effect of the foundation, just doesn't seem to live up to it's standards. Well anyway, I have been eyeing this foundation for a while, but as usual, I get a little "Iffy" when it comes to trying drugstore brands because my skin tone is so hard to match. As you can see I'm brown-skinned, but I have red undertones so my skin usually will make foundation turn red...yuck! Now getting back to my review of this product, I went to Targe' (as some of us call it) on my lunch break and I decided to go ahead and try out this foundation. I'm sure the employees hate to see me coming because I will open the package up before I buy it and test it out, I know it's wrong, but I hate the hassle of returning things. I must have tried 4 colors and NOT one of them matched my skin color and I might as well had put tomato juice on my face! The foundation looked like it was sitting on top of my skin. No luck with this makeup....my hunt for the right foundation continues...aarrghh!
Pros: Pretty packaging, Great marketing concept.
Cons: Couldn't find the right match, Didn't blend well.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 3, 2008 at 8:44 AM , Blogger yummy411 said...

WWHAT?? blasphemy! sike naw.. i love this foundation, but you already said you have a hard skintone to match. sorry this didn't work out for you, but i'm a HUGE fan of the cream and liquid foundations.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 10:46 AM , Blogger MakeupBliss said...

I have read so many good reviews on how good this foundation is, but it just didn't work for me. I may try the Iman Second To None foundation. Hopefully that works!

 
At November 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to try the queen collection as well but, the shade that would match me is never in stock or isn't in the same shade range as the nut brown foundation I use by loreal's true match. I guess the cover might need to go back to the drawing board to cover all women of color.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home